HP 5890 Series II GC with FID & TCD
The Hewlett Packard 5890 defined the absolute standard of gas chromatography for many laboratories around the world. A refurbished 5890 might be the answer to your needs to lower budgets and obtain high quality analyses.
- Five heated zones standard: Two detectors, Two inlets, one auxiliary
- Methods stored: Two
- Range to 400℃ in 1℃ increments
- Back-pressure design permits independent adjustment of split flow rate without affecting column flow
- Septum purge built in at 3 ml/min
- Accepts columns up to 1.2-mm od
- Multimode design includes split and splitless injection
- Splitless purge time variable in 0.01-min elements
Flame Ionization Detector
- Range to 450℃
- Grounded jet and current limited design for operator safety
- Push-button flame ignition
> 18 mCoul/gm carbon: nitrogen carrier, 0.018-in. id jet
> 15 mCoul/gm carbon: helium carrier, 0.018-in. id jet
> 22mCoul/gm carbon: nitrogen carrier, 0.018-in. id capillary jet
> 18 mCoul/gm carbon: helium carrier, 0.018-in. id capillary jet
- Minimum detectable: <5 pg carbon/sec, nitrogen carrier at S/N=2
- Linear dynamic range: <+/- 10% over a 10 7 range with 0.018-in. id jet
- Conditions: column flow 50 ml/min, 45 ml/min H2, 650 ml/min air, propane sample
Thermal Conductivity Detector
- Range to 400 ℃
- Single-filament (single column) design has fluidic switching of reference and analytical carrier flows
- Minimum detectable :400 pg/ml carrier -- equivalent to 1 pmm neon in 1 ml air
- Linear dynamic range:+/- 5% over 105 range
- Digital gain setting time-programmable through the keyboard Conditions: detector
- 100 ℃, 45 ml/min switching and 30 ml/min analytical flow of helium, propane sample
This HP 5890 Series II GC with FID and TCD comes fully refurbished and tested at GenTech Scientific.
Expertly refurbished used laboratory instruments
Every instrument we sell undergoes a complete inspection of all electronics and performance review. The instruments undergo in-depth preventative maintenance procedures that include extensive cleaning, detector maintenance, line and pump flushing. Routine maintenance is also addressed and filters, liners, tubing, etc. are all replaced as needed. Our chemist perform full calibration and data verification. The once used Agilent GC Systems are returned to like-new condition and will run your samples for 30-80% less than OEM pricing.
This refurbished HP 5890 Series II GC with FID & TCD is calibrated to meet OEM standards. Our expert service engineers and chemists can install and custom configure the system to be compliant with the Methods you plan to run.
The GenTech Difference
Why Buy New When You Don't Have To? Our refurbished Agilent GC Systems have been expertly restored to meet OEM standards. GenTech is a full service reseller, our knowledgeable engineers perform installations, repairs, training and application setup. The inventory in our 60,000 sq. foot facility is constantly changing with new shipments coming in daily. GenTech customers receive lifetime phone support for all instruments they purchase.
Get cash or purchase credit for your unwanted laboratory assets!
GenTech buys a wide range of equipment from Agilent, Thermo, Waters, AB Sciex, Shimadzu, Perkin Elmer, and More! Since 1996 GenTech Scientific has purchased used laboratory equipment to refurbish and resell with 1 Year warranties. Our refurbished equipment comes fully tested, and supported long after the manufacturers! If you have old or unused lab equipment in your laboratory that you are looking to sell, contact GenTech and see how we can help you!
Trade-In for Purchase Credit
Apply your trade-in value towards your next purchase! Learn more about Trade-In's.
If you have a trade-in complete the quote request form including the instruments you wish to purchase and the equipment you have to trade. Click here to Request a Quote.
Sell Your Lab Equipment
GenTech is currently interested in purchasing GC, HPLC, MS, LC/MS, ICP/MS equipment and laboratory accessories! Click Here to see a complete list.
To sell your equipment please include the make, model and pictures of the instruments you have to sell. Click here to Contact the Purchasing Department.