HP 5971 GC/MS with HP 5890 Series II GC
The HP 5971 Mass Spectrometer (MS) is a standalone detector designed for use with the HP 5890A Gas Chromatograph (GC). This system has a mass range of 10-650am. Mass Selective Detector (MSD) electronics provide real-time control according to setpoints and instructions from the data system which sends operating parameters to the MSD. Status information and data originates from the MSD before transferring to the system.
5971 MSD Specifications
- Dynamic range: 106
- Ionization energy: 70 eV from either filament
- Mass range: 1.2 - 650 amu
- Mass resolution: 0.5 +/- 0.05 amu throughout the mass range
- Scan speed: Eight user-selected scan rates with a maximum of 2000 amu/sec with 0.1 amu mass resolution.
- SIM mode: In the selected ion monitoring (SIM) mode, the MSD monitors up to 20 individually selected masses at one time. Up to 200 groups of 20 masses can be selected from each run. Dwell time for each mass is user-selectable from 10 msec to 32767 msec.
- Temperature Control: The GC/MSD interface temperature is user-settable from 250 ℃ to 320 ℃.
- Vacuum system: Diffusion pump, approximately 60 liters/sec
5890 Heated Devices
- Five heated zones standard: Two detectors, Two inlets, one auxiliary
- Methods stored: Two
- Range to 400℃ in 1℃ increments
- Back-pressure design permits independent adjustment of split flow rate without affecting column flow
- Septum purge built in at 3 ml/min
- Accepts columns up to 1.2-mm od
- Multimode design includes split and splitless injection
- Splitless purge time variable in 0.01-min elements
This HP 5971 GC/MS with HP 5890 Series II GC comes fully refurbished and tested at GenTech Scientific.
Expertly refurbished used laboratory instruments
Every instrument we sell undergoes a complete inspection of all electronics and performance review. The instruments undergo in-depth preventative maintenance procedures that include extensive cleaning, detector maintenance, line and pump flushing. Routine maintenance is also addressed and filters, liners, tubing, etc. are all replaced as needed. Our chemist perform full calibration and data verification. The once used GC/MS Systems are returned to like-new condition and will run your samples for 30-80% less than OEM pricing.
This refurbished HP 5971 GC/MS with HP 5890 Series II GC is calibrated to meet OEM standards. Our expert service engineers and chemists can install and custom configure the system to be compliant with the Methods you plan to run.
The GenTech Difference
Why Buy New When You Don't Have To? Our refurbished GC/MS Systems have been expertly restored to meet OEM standards. GenTech is a full service reseller, our knowledgeable engineers perform installations, repairs, training and application setup. The inventory in our 60,000 sq. foot facility is constantly changing with new shipments coming in daily. GenTech customers receive lifetime phone support for all instruments they purchase.
Get cash or purchase credit for your unwanted laboratory assets!
GenTech buys a wide range of equipment from Agilent, Thermo, Waters, AB Sciex, Shimadzu, Perkin Elmer, and More! Since 1996 GenTech Scientific has purchased used laboratory equipment to refurbish and resell with 1 Year warranties. Our refurbished equipment comes fully tested, and supported long after the manufacturers! If you have old or unused lab equipment in your laboratory that you are looking to sell, contact GenTech and see how we can help you!
Trade-In for Purchase Credit
Apply your trade-in value towards your next purchase! Learn more about Trade-In's.
If you have a trade-in complete the quote request form including the instruments you wish to purchase and the equipment you have to trade. Click here to Request a Quote.
Sell Your Lab Equipment
GenTech is currently interested in purchasing GC, HPLC, MS, LC/MS, ICP/MS equipment and laboratory accessories! Click Here to see a complete list.
To sell your equipment please include the make, model and pictures of the instruments you have to sell. Click here to Contact the Purchasing Department.