Waters HPLC with 2487 (UV/Vis) Detector & 717 Plus Autosampler
2487 Dual Wave Absorbance (UV/Vis) Detector
- Advanced Programmability
- Dual Wavelength Capability
- Unmatched Signal-To-Noise Performance
- Reduced Optical Bandwidth
- Exceptional Linearity
In the dual wavelength modes, it has more capability than a single wavelength detector for increasing sensitivity with MaxPlot and qualitative information from RatioPlot.
MaxPlot: The absorbance spectra of different compounds have different lambda maxima. The greatest absorbance will be obtained at the lambda maximum for each compound. MaxPlot is a dual wavelength feature to maximize sensitivity at two wavelengths in a single chromatogram. The user chooses two wavelengths, one for each channel of the Waters 2487 and sets the output of one channel for MaxPlot. As the detector monitors a chromatogram, the highest absorbance from either wavelength is outputted as MaxPlot. The figure below illustrates this feature. The MaxPlot is more sensitive than either 242 or 270 nm for detecting all three analytes.
RatioPlot: The Waters 2487 can plot the ratio of two wavelengths that are chosen by the user on channels A and B. The two wavelengths are two points on the compounds' spectra. When the RatioPlot is flat at the top, the ratio of the two absorbances is constant. This constant ratio suggests peak homogeneity.
Waters 717 Plus HPLC Autosampler
The Waters 717 Plus HPLC Autosampler combines the automation, ease of use, reliability, and low cost-of-ownership needed for the high productivity laboratory. The 717plus Autosampler incorporates a highly reliable and extremely precise fluid path design that is versatile enough to use for all your methods and applications.
- Injection Volume Range of 1.0 microliter to 2000 microliter in 0.1 microliter increments
- Bandspreading of <10% contribution for all solvent systems
- System Operating Pressure of 4500 psig (31027 Kpa)
- Wash Flow, Solvent Rate of >0.4 mL per injection.
Waters 1515 Isocratic Pump & Column Heater
The 1515 Isocratic HPLC Pump is an isocratic pump that offers the same performance as the 1525 Binary HPLC Pump. It features and integrated, high-pressure binary pump with on-board pulse dampening and efficient mixing. Its pulse-free solvent flow with analytical to semi-preparative flow rates are well suited for high sensitivity detectors
Designed for use with 2 to 4.6 mm I.D. columns in routine HPLC applications, the pump has a programmable flow-rate range of 0.00 to 10.00 mL/min in 0.01 mL increments.
- 1500 Series Column Heater with a temperature range of 20 to 60 ℃ to maintain accurate, consistent column temperature
- Integral vacuum degasser to remove dissolved gases from the mobile phase, improving performance and reliability
- Automated seal wash helps extend the primary seal life for reliable operation
- Manual injector