Emerging HRMS & LC-MS/MS Applications in Environmental Analysis & Food Safety – The 19th Annual Workshop is September 24-25, 2023, at the Center for Tomorrow, University at Buffalo (UB).
GenTech Scientific is pleased to sponsor and participate in this annual event, held this year in Buffalo, New York.
Last Friday, GenTech CCO Yvette Pagano spoke to Dr. Diana Aga, Woodburn Professor of Chemistry at UB, where this year’s event is hosted. Dr. Aga is a UB faculty expert with expertise in environmental pollution and emerging contaminants, including pharmaceuticals and PBDEs. She is the founder of ALERT (Aga Laboratory for Environmental Research & Testing) at the University at Buffalo, and an organizer of this year’s Workshop.
Topics addressed in this year’s Workshop include:
- Advances in HRMS instrumentation and their applications in environmental and food analysis
- Applications of ion mobility mass spectrometry
- Non-target analysis and bioinformatics in LC-HRMS
- HRMS and LC/MS-MS applications in exposome research and wastewater-based epidemiology for public health
- Fate, transport, treatment, and effects of emerging contaminants
- All about PFAS
The video below explores details about this year’s Workshop, as well as takes a brief look at its history and significance.
A Few Highlights
When & Where: September 24 & 25, 2023 | Center for Tomorrow, University at Buffalo, Buffalo NY
Who Should Attend? Graduate students, faculty, government and industry chemists who are involved in environmental and food safety analysis.
Registration: The Workshop is FREE, but registration is required. Registration deadline is August 18th.
Included in the free registration:
- Attendance to all sessions
- Daily lunches
- Coffee breaks
- Poster Session with Wine & Cheese Reception
- Shuttle service to Niagara Falls on Saturday, September 23rd, 2023
For details on speakers and sessions, download a flyer. It looks like a great couple of days of learning!
GenTech Scientific at the Workshop
GenTech Scientific is pleased to sponsor the Wine & Cheese Reception and Poster Session on Sunday from 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm. We are especially proud to offer the insights and expertise of our own William Flannery, Field Service Engineer at GenTech, who will speak at 4 pm on Sunday about ‘Instrumentation for Environmental Analysis.’
- Wastewater Surveillance of Pharmaceuticals and Genes: Challenges and Opportunities, by Diana S. Aga, Lahiruni M. Halwatura
- Cory Nealon talks to Diana Aga about forever chemicals
- Dr. Diana Aga: Applying Analytical Chemistry Approaches to Better Understand Chemicals of Concern
- UB Researchers Find Link Between Medicine In Wastewater, Covid-19 Outbreaks
- Environmental Startup Lab Instrument Package
- TECH TIP: Environmental Analysis Using Refurbished Equipment